Friday, July 11, 2014

Summer workouts Day 16

Did a lot of rock and mountain climbing over the week in Colorado but no organized workouts. I was back on the farm yesterday and did this:

Bench:
190 x 8
220 x 5
235 x 3
260 x 1
260 x 1
260 x 1
220 x 5 (had to break up)

Bench was just not there.  I had 2 and a half hours sleep the day before and a 12 hour car ride and I think I was just drained.  I was supposed to do 270 x 1 for the power matrix and I just knew I did not have it.  I never have trouble with the last set and I even had to break it up.

Added 65lb dumb bell press sets of 10 but with a twist.  First set, back was level each set I moved the bench up a click until I was sitting up right on the last set.  It took five sets.

Finished with 7 107yard sprints all out sprints with 90 seconds recovery. 4 down hill and three up.

I thought I was running about 60 to 80 yards but after I was done I stepped it off and it was at least 107.  Got my heart way up but kept loosing it and never got a good count.

No comments:

Post a Comment