Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Deadlift and Sprint

I started out looking for the mat for slams and could not find it so I did some med. ball wall crushes like I saw Clayton showing his throwers.  It was a good warm up on my core.  I did sets of 20 standing about 10 feet away from the wall.

I picked this WOD because I thought it would be a good light workout for my back:

Complete as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of:
185 pound Deadlift, 5 reps
Sprint 100 yards

Rd 1 - :36
Rd 2 - :53
Rd 3 - :54
Rd 4 - :53
Rd 5 - :54
Rd 6 - :53

Rd 7 - :54 
Rd 8 - :54
Rd 9 - :41
Rd 10 -:42
Rd 11 -:47
Rd 12 - :47

I didn't exactly attack this like gang busters to start but I turned it up as I thought my back was doing well.  I was feeling real good until the last round.  I was pushing real hard and bam don't know what happened but started shooting pain down my leg.  I finished  the round with a little time to spare.  Pain is shooting down my leg right now and I am fighting not to limp as I walk. SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment