Friday, December 30, 2011

Stairs and Burpees at WWIM

Finally!  I can workout.  The kids went back to the farm yesterday so I was able to workout for the first time up here in K.C. I just made this one up and it seemed to be a good to start back on.  I ran stairs and did burpees at the WWI memorial.  This is link to a picture of what I ran: : http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.08116,-94.585789&spn=0.001284,0.001859&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6

I think the loop was about 1/4 a mile and it was 115 steps up and 115 steps down.  The steps were not all at once but went in sets from 3 to 20.  I started at the bottom, or north side, which would be the top of the picure, and ran up on the west side, across, and down on the east.  I finnished each loop with 25 burpees.  I took an easy run over to the memorial and walk most of the way back.  So, on the main page the post for WOD would like this:

3 Rounds for time:
1/4 a mile of 115 steps up and 115 down
25 burpees

Splist went like this:
1 - 3:48
2- 5:30
3- 5:01
Total time of 14:19

I did not start out too strong.  I was just a little gassed on round 2 and 3 because they started right after 25 burpees.  I did not kill myself on this one but used it more as a WOD to get back into things.  However, I do remember urnning this lap (without Burpees) back when we were living here when Granton was sick.  This was when I was about 205lbs and really out of shape.  In fact, the time of his illness is when I started working out again.  Anyway, then it only took one run to the top to bring me to that "I'm about to pass out feeling."  Now I haven't done a bit of working out for over a week and I can do three laps with burpees and still feel pretty good.  I feel GREAT right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment