Thursday, March 22, 2012

Deadlift and Box Jumps, Push Press, Toes to bar

I weighed 173 this afternoon fully dressed.  I am still pretty lean from getting sick and watching what I eat.  I really like how I look but some of my lifts have paid for it a little as I am a little light on power.  However, I spend a lot of time getting rest in K.C. and I think my strength is on the way back.  I kind of PRed today in deadlift because my old PR was weighting 185.  Today I picked up more weight than ever at this weight.

Deadlift:
Warm up with 135
225 a few times
275 x 5
315 x 3
335 x 1 "cake"
355 x 1
365 (Fail, 2 inches off the ground) (Fail)

18 minutes AMRAP:

15 Box Jumps 24"
12 Push Press 115lbs
9 Toes to bar

I got 8 rounds + all the box jumps while wearing a 20lb vest.

I got a new vest for my birthday and tried it out.  I love it.  The thing fits like a glove.  It is hot and I defiantly sweat a lot more with it on.  It feels great.  I feel great.  The Push press kicked my butt on this one.  I always seem to have trouble with this lift.  I did some set straight through and some were split up up 6-6.  Toes to bar were easier with a vest because it made the swing come out just right.  I went home and felt the WOD a few hours later, no pain just tire muscles.  I grinned to myself thinking "I am probably still burning fat from that workout just sitting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment