Monday, March 12, 2012

Weighted Pull-ups and Weighted Muscle-ups

Came home from KC and was on my one. So I did this as I figured it was something Ron and I would not do together.

Weighted Pull-ups

45 x 1
55 x 1
65 x 1
75 x 1
90 x 1
95 x 1
100 x 1 (Chin touched bar but did not go over the bar)

I did not get all the way to the bottom of the pull-up the last three times.

I added weighted muscle ups. I have done muscle-ups with a weight vest on and it was easer because the weight was solid around my body. The dangeling weights would swing aroung and cause problems.

Warmed with a few muscle-ups then did one real slow
10lbs = fail
10lbs = fail
10lbs = fail
10lbs no problem
15lbs = fail
15 nailed it
Finished with doing a few slow.

Each time I got it there was no doubt. I know I could do more if I perfect my form. Should be something to play with down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment