Wednesday, April 20, 2011

400m Walking Lunge

In Aug. of 2010 I posted:
Time - 10:55
I thought this one would kill my legs but it was not bad at all. I thought I was going pretty fast but I guess not. My first 200 was 5:40 so my second 200 must have been 5:15. This tells my I could have at least been 25 seconds faster in the first 200. I made sure to have the knee kiss the ground with each lunge.

On a different note, this workout made me think of my track and field days in high school. One workout was to go from goalpost to goalpost and back (240yards) and run an 800. The most I remember was 4 rounds but that was tough. Lunges still seem pretty easy to me after that. I used to give my distance kids this workout. Nate Poindexter said it made him a hill climbing machine. One day he told me this workout is what he thought gave him a big advantage at the state CC meet. He did not like flat courses because he felt it leveled the playing field (pardon the pun) but the bigger and steeper the hills the better he did and he thought it was from lunges.

This time I got 9:35(1:20 PR)
Felt pretty much the same this time.  Just hit the track and went at it.  I did not time my first 200, I wish I had.  In fact, Ron had to help me on my time because I had gone for a few minutes before I relized I had not hit the button.  I start my watch excactly at 3:00 in. When I finished, it said 6:35 which makes 9:35 and is a big PR.  I am sure I pushed it pretty hard because we were at the JFK before a track meet and I did not want to rest in front of the kids.  Thanks for talking me into this Ron.  It was a good idea. 

1 comment:

  1. Not a problem Brother you ripped it. Thanks for getting it done with me. I know I would have struggled doing it when we got back.

    ReplyDelete