Thursday, April 19, 2012

Clean - Clean and Jerk

I started with heavy Cleans

155
185
195
205 f
205
215 f
215 f
215 f

I felt so good about the 205 that I went straight to 215, a PR, I should have taken a smaller step.  I actually got under the weight every time but when I caught the weight in the bottom squat position I kept dumping it forward.  I need to get my elbows up faster.  Very frustrating.  However, this is where I have been lately and my back is great!  I have lost weight and I am looking to add to my max.  Now I just need to do it.

after about 5-10 minutes I did the following Crossfit WOD:

155 pound Squat Clean and Jerk, 30 reps


The barbell goes from ground to overhead, passing through a front squat in which the crease of the hip passes below the height of the kneecap. The finish position is with the arms, hips and knees fully extended, arms overhead, with at least a portion of the ear visible in front of the arm. Dropping the barbell is acceptable.

Time was 8:53

I did the first 5 in under a minute which was my goal to be done in six minutes but really lost pace after that.  I mainly got winded and legs a little tired, had no trouble with the Jerk.  In fact I want to see what my my jerk max is.  I think it is more than my clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment