Monday, April 9, 2012

Log chain Box Jumps - "Sacrifice" - Sprints

It being a Sunday we actually had time to enjoy working out without being rushed.  I felt like we did everything the way it should be done instead of rushing through the WOD.

Started with Log chain Box Jumps.  We did two on the minute for ten minutes.  We had out two heaviest Log changes hanging from a weight belt.  I started with the weight vest and shorter boxes but decided to drop the vest and add another chain (making 3) and go to the biggest two boxes. On the last few rounds attempted both jumps on the tallest box.  I never really cleanly landed it.

"Sacrifice"
I made this WOD up myself and really like it.  I decided it needed a name and it being Easter when we did it I think this is an appropriate name.

5 Rounds for time wearing a 20lb weight vest:

5 Dumbbell Burpees 40lbs
15 Yard plate push 45lbs
5 Ring Dips
2 Clean and Jerks at chosen weight (I decided on 155lbs which was about right)
15 Yard overhead Barbell Walking Lunge
20 Tire slams with bar, 10 each side
1 Heavy tire flip
1 minute rest

Rd 1 - 3:06
Rd 2 - 3:15
Rd 3 - 3:24
Rd 4 - 4:35
Rd 5 - 3:38
Total time 22 minutes flat.  Exactly the same as Ron.

Loved this, it did exactly what I wanted.  Did not have burn out on one muscle group but consistent total drain while we had to explode many times during the WOD at the DB burpees, ring dips, especially the clean and jerk and the heavy tire flip.  I was mentally weak in round 4 before the clean and jerk.  Speaking of that lift.  I did not prepare my head for this the first time and lost balance.  The weight was not super heavy but the DB burpees and plate push, not to mention the vest, did make it a harder than normal.  The lunges were actually much harder than I thought and I am sure this was due to the vest.  I loved this WOD.  Heart rate was still at 150 one minute after we finished and I was bent over dry heaving three or four minutes later.

Finished with 4 60yard sprints with 90 seconds rest.  I about puked again after the first one but I was able to hold it together.

GREAT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment