Friday, April 20, 2012

Snake Oil


Three rounds of the following:
Swinging ring pull-ups x 5
Horizontal heavy rope pull (3Poods) x 1
Lunges x 20m
Dips x 10
Scorpions x 14 (7 left, 7 right)
Tire slams x 20(10 left, 10 right)
Hug a Twinkie x 5
20 ft wallball (20lbs) x 3
Bench press (205lbs) x 5
Hanging bar swings 10
Back extensions x 15

RD 1 - 4:59
RD 2 - 5:54
RD 3 - 5:58

Total 16:52 With a twenty pound weight vest. (except for the bench press)

This WOD was okay.  I looked for a place to really be explosive and wallball was about the only spot this happened.  It did have some funky new movements and lifts which were kind of cool.  I was mainly annoyed with shedding the weight vest for bench.  I tried benching with it on and the weights pushed into my back and now I have a black and blue back.  I lost time and two weights on the second round fooling with it.  I I forgot to wright down my splits but this one wasn't really for me anyway.  I was trying to dream up a WOD that would be poultice for Ron's asking back.  Just like all other snake oils, it was much to do about nothing.  His back is not any better.  Oh well, I got my heart rate up.

2 comments:

  1. Brother you got me in and going through movements. That can never be a bad thing. Thanks as always for pulling me in a taking time to invent something to do. You are why I have not had much back trouble to speak of for the last 2 plus years! The WOD did something positive I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are your splits
    1 - 4:59
    2 - 5:54
    3 - 5:58
    Total - 16:52

    ReplyDelete