Monday, April 23, 2012

Sucky Deadlift - "Pheezy"


Started dead lift at about 6:30 before church and remembered how bad I am at lifting in the morning. My back feels great but it felt weak also in the morning.  I warmed up and things felt heavy.  Put on 275 and it felt heavy also.  I even had trouble pulling up 315.  Felt like I was going to pull my back out.  I got mad and walked away but my back still feels great.  I finished with "Pheezy" before church.

Three rounds for time of:

165 pound Front squat, 5 reps
18 Pull-ups
225 pound Deadlift, 5 reps
18 Toes-to-bar (I accidental did 19, 10-9) on the first two rounds)
165 pound Push jerk, 5 reps
18 Hand-release push-ups(I forgot and did normal push-ups

Round 1 - 5:16
Round 2 - 6:24
Round 3 - 5:36
Total - 17:17

Not feeling it that morning.  I had to make myself get on the bar for reps of 5.  However, the reps of 18 all went smooth, even the Toes-to-Bar.  Normally, when I break sets into to pieces I do one extra in the first half than the second half.  Instead of 9-9 for toes-to-bar I felt so smooth that I did 10 in first half and with out thinking did 9 in the second half.  I worked on whipping my legs bent up and straight down on this kept me in a good swing.  I don't know if I was just out of it, which I shouldn't have been, or if this is just a tougher WOD than it looks like.



No comments:

Post a Comment