Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Clean, Hang Squat Clean - Handstand Push-ups

Cleans
Just started light and kept adding weight:
135
155
175
195
205
220 (PR)
Since my cleans are now squat clean and the were not when I was bigger this is an all time PR!  Additionally, it was easy.  After I caught the weight at the bottom and was on my way up I thought "Wow, this is cake!"  Felt so good at the top I went ahead and jerked it above my head.  I have been working this a lot and next to shoulder press it has been my most frustrating lift.  So a PR in this is very satisfying.  I did a lot of hang squat cleans in a WOD last week and I think I kind of found the right groove for this lift which helps.  Also, my back seems much better.  I really wanted to put more weight on and PR again but I decided my back was messed up last week and I don't want to go back to that.  So I quit while I was ahead.

21-15-9 reps for time of:
Hang squat clean, 50 pound dumbbells
Handstand push-ups

Rd 1 - 2:30
Rd 2 - 2:44
Rd 3 - 1:53
Total = 7:09
I thought the cleans would be the hard part but I did them unbroken where I had to break up the handstand push-up.

Wrapped it up with plate pushes alternating the plate down and back with Ron
(4 down and backs apiece - 60 seconds rest - 4 down and backs apiece) and a little ab bounding with Jenni.

No comments:

Post a Comment