Friday, June 1, 2012

Ron and I were feeling pretty sore and broken down so we got a little creative today.  The goal was to work out the pain and strengthen the core.

We did everything with 20lb weight vest today.

Started with heavy chain box jumps.  I did seven or eight not including the ones where I missed the box.  Started with just the vest on the second tallest box, then switched to the tallest, added two chains, added two more but could not land on the top of the box.  I did a few on the second tallest box, added one more chain and did a few more, dropped back down to four chains and finished with a solid land on the tallest box with the weight vest and four heavy chains.  That's a PR.

Then we went to a crazy WOD I made up for the state we were in:

Five rounds of the following wearing 20lb weight vest:
15 yards Lunging Thrusters (65lbs)
5 GHDs
15 yards 45lb plate push
5 left and 5 right sledge hammer swings
15 yards farmer walk left hand (100lbs)
5 pull-ups from a dead hang with no kip
15 yard farmer walk right hand (100lbs)
10 sun-ups switching directions (5 to the left, 5 to the right)
2 minutes rest

This is how it went for me:
Rd 1 - 1:58
Rd 2 - ??? (accidantly hit stop button in the round)
Rd 3 - 3:41
Rd 4 - 3:51
Rd 5 - 3:42

This was a total drain on my body and I used every bit of each break but it served its purpose.  I was tired but feeling healthy when it was done.  Most of the soreness is gone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment