Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cleans, "Helen" with vest, Sprints

cleans-
135 x 1
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1
210 x 1
220 x f (got under it but dumped it forward)
220 x r (made up my mind that it would not dump forward, got under it pretty good but fell back as I started to go up)

I used to have to phych myself up for 195 not is is cake and I didn't need much time to get ready for 210.  I don't think I could have been much closer to getting 220 with out accomplishing the lift.  We did not clean growing up and in college we only did power cleans, not true cleans with the squat.  Once I get this, it will be an all time PR even though powercleanded a lot more when I was younger and bigger.  I wanted to end on a positive note so I did some clean and jerks:
185 x 1
200 x 1
Easy!  I am starting to think I can jerk what ever I can clean.


"Helen" (with vest and 90 seconds recovery after each round)

Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
1 1/2 pood Kettlebell X 21 swings
12 Pull-ups

Rd - 1 2:44
Rd - 2 2:45
Rd - 3 3:03

I haven't ran as much and it got me, especially running with the vest.  I had heavy labored breathing on round two but was able to push through.  It caught up with me on round 3, especially when I had to pause and pick up a weight that fell out of the vest.  I lost my pace at that spot and did not get it back.


Ron and I finished a little later with 40's on the minute for 10 minutes.  I was sucking a little air when we were were on the last few but was able to sprint every one all out.  I felt like a million dollars about 30 minutes after we finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment