Friday, April 23, 2010

Clean one time each minute

Clean one rep every minute on the minute for 15 minutes.

185-stepping back on heals
185
185
190
190
195
195
195
195
200
200
200
200
205
205

Finished with a 5lb PR max of 215

I started with what I thought would be about the most I could do because my old hang clean max was 180. On January 13 I maxed out a new PR at 210. I did not know how much only one minute of rest would affect me. One minute seemed to be sufficient for full recovery. I have decided I will do squat cleans every time unless the main sight says otherwise. I also have decided if I am going to squat clean then I am going to get my butt all the way down below parallel. My PR of 210 was not a squat clean so I thought 185 would be about all I could do but I did feel confident about it after doing some warm up squat cleans at a lower weight. On the first rep I pulled the bar up with a curve toward myself catching it as it hit my chest pretty hard. I was half falling half stepping back off the platform as I got that one up. Pulled the bar straight up after that and really was able to perfect form. Started getting confident and slowly added weight in small steps. When I was done I still felt pretty good and looked up what I wrote on January 13 when I maxed out last and attempted 215 twice. Then I said, "I would have liked to have gotten 215 but did not want to damage anything. Next time" Well I decided this was "next time" and squat cleaned 215.

No comments:

Post a Comment