Friday, February 17, 2012

Bench - Lunges and ring dips - sprints

Started the day with bench:
Warm-up
205 x 5
215 x 5
225 x 5
235 x 3
240 x 2

I was on my own without a spotter so I did not risk it on the heavy sets.  Might have been able to get another rep at 235 or 240.  I would have liked to put more weight on and gone for a one rep max but again, no spotter.

After a nice walk with Kaney I did Ron's WOD from the day before:

AMRAP in 12 min:


30 x 45lb overhead lunges, 15 right leg, 15 left leg, alternating legs, arms must be locked out and knee must touch ground.
15 Ring dips (I subbed two thick lead ropes with big hoops hanging from a tree with thick work gloves)

I got five rounds with twelve seconds left over -
Rd 1- 1:28
Rd 2- 2:05
Rd 3- 2:46
Rd 4- 2:42
Rd 5- 2:45

I was surprised at how tired my arms got.  I don't know if it was from the strange thing I had subbed for the rings or if it was the benching earlier or both but I had to focus on keeping my arms locked which I thought would be the easiest thing in the WOD, wrong.

About ten minutes I finished with sprints.  I did 6 50 yard sprints up hill with 50 seconds rest in between each one.  Did not feel very fast but not surprised with heavy squats yesterday and lunges in the WOD today.

No comments:

Post a Comment