Monday, February 13, 2012

Push Press, Overhead squat, GHD

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:

135 pound Push press, 7 reps
135 pound Overhead squat, 10 reps
15 GHD Sit-ups

I got five full rounds with a few seconds left over.

Ron could not work out and he hates overhead squats so I thought this one would be good to do on my own. I did not go crazy on this one.  I had just got out of the car after driving for over two hours and I was a little stiff.  I push pressed some and jerked some but that went much better than I thought it would.  I have not done any overhead squats since I hurt my back in May.  It used to be my best lift.  I was a little rusty but each set got easier and more ballanced.  GHD were fine first two rounds but that same old sharp pain started shooting through my left leg on the way up on the final sets.  Hurt pretty bad in set four and five.  I feel fine today though.  I did not push my self to near colaps on this one.  I just got of the GHD chair and walked around with my hands on my hips for a few minutes when I was done.  Put stuff up and headed out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment