Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cleans - Turkish Get-ups - HSPU, Pull-ups, KB Swings, Sit-ups, Burpees

 

I had a snow day and was on my own so had plenty of time in the weight room.  I started the morning with cleans:
135 x a few (I don't remember how many, just warming up)
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 (fail on first try, thought about what I was doing and had no trouble
205 x 1 (PR a while)
210 x 1 (nailed it, no problem)
215 - Fail (did not get under it) Fail (got under it and caught the weight with legs well under 90 degrees started standing up and got legs to about 110 degree angle and fell backwards before I stood straight up) Fail again (got under it but was leaning too far forward)

I felt very close every time at 215 and I know I will get it.  Jenni had called me about some insurance problems and I was having a hard thinking only of the lift.

Later that day I went in to work turkish get-ups before my WOD with Ron:
55 x 1
65 x 1
75 x 1
85 x 1
95 x 1 (old PR was 90!) (failed on right side the first time, but got it)

100 x 1 (failed on both sides a few times but got it on both sides eventually)

Big PR for me.  I have not done this with heavy weight in a year.  My old PR was after a WOD and this was before but this is still a big deal for me.  I actually did the left side twice so Ron could take the pictures the second time. My right shoulder is talking to me a bit but I will be just fine.

This was the WOD with Ron:
For time:

30 Handstand push-ups (I did 16,11, 3)
40 Pull-ups (unbroken)
50 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 poods (30, 20)
60 Sit-ups (paused here and there)
70 Burpees (did first 10 fast, and the rest were 2 or 3 slow followed by 7 or 8 fast)

Time was 12:52 (PR was 14:55)

The only other time I had hit this WOD was nearly two years ago.  I beat that time by over two minutes. I am happy to see I am in much better shape than I was back then, nearly a year into Crossfit. 

Three work-outs and three personal records in one day!

I feel Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment