Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Push Press and Ball Slams

As many rounds as possible in 8 minutes of:

3 Push Press
5 Ball Slams

*for push press use between 185 - 225 lbs - USED 185lbs
*for ball slams use between 40-60 lbs - USED 40lbs stuffed 2, 20lb med balls in a sack. Worked well.

then...
6 x 25 yard prowler pushes w/ 180 lbs - Did Sled pulls here with 180lbs
*rest 90 seconds between efforts.

Rounds in 8 min

Finished 7 Rounds in 7:45 and had the bar loaded when the watch started beeping.

I did jerks instead of shoulder press as this is pretty heavy for me.  But it is cool because I have been wanting to do jerks lately.  I tried to rig up a sled to push but was not successful.  The sled pull was a little different and a lot of fun.  Also, I did spend a lot of working core before the WOD which worked well for me.  I am going to try to find more time to start like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment