Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Back Squat, High Box jumps, Tabata Bottom to Bottom Squats on DAY 6

ME (Lower Body –BS)(introductory Reps) 5-5-5-3-3-3
225
245
265
285
285
285x1

Did not feel very strong this morning, but then again, I have not done any squats in many months.  I did try to warm up but I think I should have done it a little more.  I stopped adding weight at 285 because I was having a hard time getting low enough.  The last set felt rong from the begenning, back had a twinge and I didn't even go all the way down.  I just quit and put it on the rack.  I do not think I did any damage at all which is a good thing.

Speed Tiers – High box jumps

I picked the tallest box we have and did not have any trouble with this except I hit my hand on the lip of the box and cut it open but no big deal.

Volume Tiers - The Tabata Bottom to Bottom Squat is a Tabata Squat but each rep begins at the bottom and ends at the bottom. The turn around at the top is immediate - no pause. The ten-second rest for each interval is also held at the bottom of the squat as opposed to the top. Interestingly, this squat, in contrast to the "normal" Tabata squat, motivates full hip extension. Also, the ten second rests don't seem as short with this protocol!

I did 16 reps on the first round and 15 on all the others.  I will be sore from this.  I did notice that my back looked in line and even on this movement which is a big impovement.

No comments:

Post a Comment