Friday, September 16, 2011

Total Body - PC on DAY 2

Power Clean 5-5-5-3-3-3

Speed Tier with Snatch Pulls

Volume Tier with Sumo Deadlift High Pulls

Power Clean:
Well I did not know where to start as that my back was messed up for so long and I did not do this lift.  My old max was around 210 and I figure I have lost a little.  So I picked 205 to go off.  Ben and Clayton said 90% was probably to high to shoot for with these reps but I wasn't going to anyway.  I tiptoed into this like I have everything else with my back recovery.  I had the guys give me lots of pointers on my form and I think I did improve in this area.  This is how I ended up:
135x5 = 65% of max
145x5 = 70% of max
150x5 = 72% of max
155x3 = 75% of max
165x3 = 80% of max
175x3 = 85% of max

Speed Tier
10 sets of 2 reps on the minute for 10 minutes at 95lbs.  I don't know if this helped me or not.  I just know it didn't hurt.  I did learn from Ben and Clayton to explode at different times for different lifts which I had never thought of before.

Volume Tier
3 sets of high reps of S.D.H.P. at 95lbs.  I did #21, #20, #20
Yep, that is going to make me sore but I know it was good.

Feels like a pretty good start and back is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment