Tuesday, October 4, 2011

MEBB Lower Body on DAY 18

Warm up with stretch, bar, 135x5, 225x2
3-265
3-275
3-285
1-295
1-315
1-320

I was not happy with my squat last time on the MEBB DAY 6.  I should have been more patient because it had been so long since I did any squats due to back.  I played around and lowered the bar on my back.  This allowed me to add weight quickly and I was not having any trouble.  I was not sure I went low enough on the 315 rep so I just added 5lbs and did it again.  I know I got low enough but something went wrong on my way back up and I caught my back I dipped back down but still was able to come back and finish the rep.  My back really hurt that day but is about back to normal now, two days later.  I am happy for the quick recovery but I will play it safe for the XF total day and just count the 320 toward my total.  I think my legs are strong enough for more weight but I am not sure my back is there yet.  I plan on doing front squats next month and that should give my back more time to get better as it is less weight.

Speed tiers - Chain Box Jumps
I got two log chains and doubled them over and hung them from a weight belt on my back.  I really had to explode to make the jump up.  Started with the 40" box and did last five rounds on the 46" box.  Fun and useful.

Volume Tiers - Wall-Ball 
Three rounds of 40 with big 20lb balls

No comments:

Post a Comment