Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Captain America WOD

Complete 5 rounds:

Handstand Hold - 30 seconds
Max Handstand Push Ups
11, 9, 13, 10, 11
Static Pull or Chin Up Hold at top - 30 seconds
Max Strict Pull or Chin Ups
15, 15, 11, 11, 10
Hold Top of Ring Dip - 30 seconds
Max Ring Dips
17, 15, 12, 12, 11


*Perform isometric hold for 30 seconds, kick down, shake out your hands and perform max reps of given exercise.
*There is no time component for this workout other than the 30 sec holds.
*The goal of this workout is to develop stability in these movements through the use of isometric holds


I loved this WOD.  It defiantly puts a swell on.  I felt like Captain America after he stepped out of the capsule for the first time in his new body.  It is set up for full recovery but I kind of timed my recovery so I would be done before Jenni brought our circus to the weight room.  This is how I did it...

  • Set up the watch on 30 second intervals
  • Started isometric hold the instant the watch first beeped and kept it until it beeped again
  • Shook out arms while the watch was beeping (it beeps for 10 seconds)
  • Did the burn out on the exercise
  • Rested the amount of time it took the watch to beep twice and started again on the third beep
  • Rested for three or four beeps after each round
I did go a little longer on the rest times for the last round because I could tell I was going to finish before Jenni and the kids showed up.  When I do it again, I am going to measure my rest time more closely.  I think 90 seconds between sets and three minutes between rounds will work best.

I did 6 50m sprints on the minute after Jenni and the kids left.  One side note Jenni PRed on deadlift at 170lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment