Thursday, September 16, 2010

Inverted hangs and Ring Push-ups

Complete five rounds of:

On the rings, lower from an inverted hang, slowly, with straight body and arms, 7 reps
15 Ring Push-ups

Move SLOWLY and methodically attempting perfect execution. Ideally this is done with two pairs of rings - one pair hung app. 8' off the ground and the second 4" off the ground.

Well, I had to scale way down on this one I started lowering myself fully tucked.  After a while I would let my self straighten out after I passed 90 degreese.  Then I started lowering myself with knees tucked but lege feet out and when I finished I was extending one leg pretty well.  I started with palms facing forward, thinking my biceps were strongest but that was a mistake.  When I switched and had palms facing back it felt more natural and seemed easer even if I may not be as strong that way.  As for ring push-ups, Wow thay are nothing like regular push-ups.  I remember a WOD where I tried to beat Ron not knowing he did regular push-ups.  I did not understand what a diference it was because I was focused on blasting through the WOD.  This work out focused on moving SLOWLY and methodically which would be easy for 15 normal push-ups but it is a killer on the rings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment