Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Overhead Squat

3-3-3-3-3 reps

185
205
215
225
230

I was planning on doing more but after the workout I can live with the outcome.  My max is 260 but this lift is on balance an stability not strength.  That makes doing 3 in a row a lot more difficult than just doing one.  I can really focus and start from a perfect position for one rep but not three.  I also had to use the bag to ensure I got parallel since I did not have a workout buddy.  Ron, where are you?  I hate that thing.  When I hit it it seems to jolt my body and messes everything up.  I even dropped 135 just warming up on it.  Without it I can smoothly get down into the bottom position and ease back up.  I had to focus on really slowing down once I got low and barley bumping it before I went back up.   It made things look ugly.  In fact I nearly stopped at 225 to lower the weight and work on form for the last set.  However, I decided against that and went for it.  On the last set I hit the bag a little hard on the second rep and had to step forward to keep balance.  Then I went back down down for the last rep to realize My but was not over the bag.  I did not touch the bag but I believe I did get deep enough.  I cashed out with one set of five of 135 to work form.

No comments:

Post a Comment