Monday, January 31, 2011

800 meters

Three rounds for time of:

Run 800 meters
Rest 2 minutes

2:29 (5 second PR for the last 14 years)
4:00
3:26

This one scared me as soon as I saw it on the main page. I have been running a little but nothing like I was last year when I ran a 2:34 8:00.  Since I always look to PR I was scared of this one.  I know I am in better shape, I just didn't think I would run as smooth as I had been.  I don't know how smooth it was but I will take the time.  My goal was 2:30.My first 200 was at :30 so I backed off a little.  I don't remember the next 2 200s but I think the watch said 1:50 something when I started the last 200.  Somehow I made a math mistake and ran as fast as I could at that point just to get under 2:34.  I am really pumped to get under my original goal of 2:30.  I am not proud of the other two 800s.  I was completely wiped out.  My goal next time will be to keep the first time or beat it and make the other two much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment