Friday, January 14, 2011

Wall climbs, Toes to bar, Box jumps - Squats

Five rounds for time of:

10 Wall climbs
10 Toes to bar
20 Box jumps, 24" box

Rd1 = 2:49
Rd2 = 3:08
Rd3 = 3:37
Rd4 = 3:37
Rd5 = 3:13

Overall time = 16:24

Man I underestimated this one.  My shoulders got pretty tired on the wall climbs.  Also, on the first round at least it was like my equilibrium was out of whack which nearly never happens for me.  I think I let it get in my head because I lost focus and slowed down.  Now that I have done this one once I think I am better prepared in case I ever do it again.  I went back and looked at the main page and there are some guys who got it under 12.  Very impressive but there were a few guys who did not get a time as good as mine and that makes me feel better.  I am pretty sure if I did it again, I could do it in under 16 minutes.

After I recovered a little I did some squats:
Warmed up with 135 and 185
225x7
245x6
265x5
285x4
I put on 305 and just knew it was not going to happen.  I could tell I was not going to get deep enough so I stopped even before I had dropped a foot and racked it.  Finished with 225 five times good and deep under parallel.  Not happy with the weight.  I normally do more.  My back is tight from deadlifts and KB swings the day before.  My back is not hurt, just tired.  I thought I would be able to push through it a little better than I did.  On the bright side, I did not make myself any worse by doing a few extra squats even if it is not much weight I am putting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment