Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Rankel" Turkish get-ups

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of: 225 pound Deadlift, 6 reps
7 Burpee pull-ups
10 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
Run 200 meters

I got 6 rounds + all the deadlifts and about half of the Burpee pull-ups.  Not sure exactly how many because I was busy doing them and not gazing at the clock.  Went ahead and finished out the round.  I don't know what the deal was.  Just could not get my head in it.  Never stopped except to make a mark on paper or put on/take off my coat.  I just did not seem to go very fast especially on the running which was in part do to the temp I am sure.  I look to do better next time.

55lbs
75lbs (PR)
85lbs big PR!  Got it on first try with right side.  Took three times on left side and was ugly but I got it.  I had a hard time keeping the barbell level with left arm.

I worked on Turkish get ups while Jenni did her WOD.  I had a lot of success on this today.  I learned to push the bar and role on my shoulder to my wrist in one motion.  This allows me to get more weight in the air because I have enough momentum to get more weight up to where I am on my hand, knee and foot.  Without rolling, I can't get this much weight up where I am on my elbow.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I was not there. I think I would have helped both of us if we had been there together for this one. It was decievingly tough.

    ReplyDelete