Monday, January 3, 2011

Split Jerk - Sledge hammer

Split Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps


155
175
185
195
205
210
215
220(F)

I did 3 or 4 at 185 when I was done just to work on form.  Then Ron showed up and we did a pretty cool Crossfit football WOD.  It was:

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes:


21 Sledge Hammer Strikes Right Side
21 Sledge Hammer Strikes Left Side
One Arm Overhead Walk RT 20 yards
One Arm Overhead Walk LT 20 yards

Post loads used and rounds completed to comments.
*Use a sledge hammer weighing between 12 - 20 lbs.
*Striking into a tire, sand bag or something. Be creative.
*Make sure you reach full extension on your strikes.
*You can sub ball slams, plate slams or dumbbell slams. Be creative.
*You can use a KB or DB or get creative.
*Extend your arm above you head and start walking.

I got 6 rounds + 34 swings carrying 70 lbs above my head.
I went ahead and finished the 7th round in 16:04


It said be creative so we used three bars for sledge hammer and rotated which ones we used.  One was about 2 inches thick solid iron and about 2 and a half feet long,  the other is what I call the stretching bar which is about 4 or 5 feet long and the last one is a normal barbell missing the weight spools on the end.  It is about 7feet long.  It is the one in the pictures. The long one was a man maker because extends so far that it takes more energy and time to finish all 42 swings.  In fact the little short one is about twice as fast.  This one was fun, a good workout without the pain that comes from a lot of hard WODs. I felt like I was getting rest while carrying the weight.  I think I would have completed 7 rounds if I had started with any bar other than the man maker.  I started with it so it came around 3 times in the rotation of 7 rounds.  Anyway, lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment