Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dumbell-deadlifts-hang cleans-push presses-squats -- Back squat

Five rounds of:

5 Dumbbell deadlifts
5 Dumbbell hang cleans
5 Dumbbell push presses
5 Dumbbell squats

Increase the load each round. Rest as necessary between rounds.

50 - 55 - 60 - 70 - 80

We did not know if we had to do all the lifts right after the other with out letting go of the weight or not.  We decided to do all the lifts on top of each other without letting go.  We debated on doing 75 or 80 for the last one.  We went for it but were not able to do it unbroken.  I had a lot of trouble with the hang cleans which caused me to run out of gas on the push press.  On the end of the 2nd  push-press I lost control and dropped the weight to my waist and could not re load it on my shoulders.  Actually it looked more like my entire body crumbled.  I refocused as fast as possible and finished.  Fun WOD I never felt dead but it defiantly got my heart pounding and me breathing very hard.  For a little extra I did a backwards ladder of six rounds on squat.  I dropped 20lbs and added two reps with each round.  I have a swollen knee right now so I hope I did not over do it with the squats.  I noticed I had to be very mentally focused not to favor my left leg, the one with the swollen knee, when squatting.  Anyway this is what I did:
315x1
295x3
275x5
255x7
235x9
215x11

No comments:

Post a Comment