Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bench, Muscle-ups, Double-unders - Situps - Med Ball Cleans - Pull-ups - HSPU

I started with bench.  I didn't have much of a plan other than I wanted an adrenalin rush.  Here is what happened:
Warm-up
185 x 5 (actually felt heavy for some reason?)
215 x 3 (this went up easier than the 185 so I bumped up to 230 instead of my standard 225)
230 x 3 (again easy as cake. I PRed of triples last weak so I decided to go to singles)
245 x 1 (no problem)
255 x 1 (kind of slow but solid, I did not even ask for a spotter)
270 x 1 (5lb PR for the last 10 years or so!)
The pr took a long time to get up but the kid spotting me did not touch the bar.  Right side is still much slower than my left.  I definitely got an adrenalin rush.  But I knew I had about topped out on my  bench and did want to do more for my chest so I went over to muscle-ups with my weight vest.  I did a few and they were easy so I added weight until I got to 30lbs extra.  I still was feeling great so I started doing SLOW muscle ups with no kip.  I did a bunch of those and then decided to do L muscle-ups with no kip which is a PR for me because I have never done that before.  They were easy so I finished with three in a row without touching the ground.  I felt great and was totaly charged for the crossfit WOD with Ron which was:

3 Rounds for time:
50 Double-unders - Subbed in 100 singles
40 sit-ups
30 med ball cleans 20lbs
20 Pull-ups
10 HSPU - Subbed in 10, 95lb shoulder press

I did it 13:13

I was feeling my bacon for sure.  Got a bunch on sale Saturday and it was my breakfast on Sunday and Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment