Thursday, May 10, 2012

Deadlift - Death by Tabata

Started late so only got a few heavy deadlifts while ron was going through the Tabata WOD:

275
275
325
345
All of these went up easy.  I took a little break to run the watch for Ron and probably tried to make to big of a jump to 365.  I failed and in a hurry went for 355 and failed again.  Anyway, on to the Tabata.

Death By Tabata


Perform:
Alternating Tabata Deadlift and Burpee - 275 lbs

*Start the clock and perform as many reps as possible for 20 seconds of deadlifts. Rest 10 seconds. Then perform as many burpees as possible in 20 seconds. Rest 10 seconds. Repeat this 14 more times for a total of 16 sets. Your score is counted by the total number of reps in 16 sets; 8 alternating sets of deadlifts and burpees .

The entire workout should take 8 minutes.

I did the following wearing a 20lb weight vest:
275 Deadlift - Burpees
4                    7
4                    7
3                    7
3                    7
3                    7
3                    7
3                    7
4                    8

I wanted to bounce the bar on the deadlifts but I was afraid of messing up my back.  I think dropping it and picking it up gave me a few more breaths than I would have had otherwise.  I was happy with the burpees but I wanted more reps on the deadlift.  Ron did this with just a little less weight but got over three times as many deadlift reps. 



No comments:

Post a Comment