Monday, May 10, 2010

"CrossFit Total"

Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep

Back Squat - 225, 275, 315, 330(Great form, felt very strong and solid) 345(F)
Shoulder Press - 95, 115, 135, 150(face turned purple & took forever to raise the bar but got it.)
Deadlift - 135x5, 225, 315, 345, 370(probably the most light headed I have ever got from a lift)

Crossfit Total-850

Sept. 11, 2009 (last CrossFit Total)
squat =325
shoulder press = 145
Deadlift= 335
Total=805
I know I can do more in dead lift but this was my second WOD in a row and I tried to do too much to start with.

  • Squat = 5lbPR
  • shoulder press = 5lb PR
  • Deadlift = 35lb PR, 5lb all time PR
  • Crossfit total = 45lb PR

I did not have my wrestling shoes so I went Arnold stile and lifted barefoot. I don't know if it helped but I don't think it hurt. I was worried about my bad ankles not having support with any shoes but it was not a problem. I used a tackling dummy to make sure I hit parallel. I am sure my lifts were down on Sept. 11 because of doing another WOD that day and this total was after a rest day. But I am measuring my improvement by how my back feels. It used to be that anything with deadlift, squat, clean, thrusters, wallball etc. messed my back up. I remember being sore for weeks after the Sept. Total. I feel fine today. I don't know if my lifting is stronger, but I KNOW my back is stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment