Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jerk, Burpees

For Time:
185 pound barbell, Shoulder to overhead, 20 reps
40 Burpees
Partition as needed, any order.

Time7:58

Not happy. My plan was to do shoulder to overhead and then double the reps in burpees with blasting the last few burpees. I was on schedule to finish in about 6:45. But the bar slipped out after the 15 rep of shoulder to overhead(I was doing 3 then 6) Luckily Ron was there to put the weight back on the rack but I had to do all the remaining burpees to keep under time. When I got to the bar I was gassed and did not lock out on my left arm. the bar just hung suspended for a while and then I dropped it. We had to lift it back up on the rack and I still had five reps left and I did not make my time. Next time I will not use the handles of the safety bars to rack on but I will use actual mounts. I plan on doing this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment