Thursday, October 14, 2010

Snatch balance

1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Warmed up with the bar x5 and 95lbs

115
135
145
155
165
175
185
195(F)

I have never done this lift with heavy weight.  I had know idea where to start.  Before I started I was hoping for 150 so I got more than I originally thought I would.  Actually, in a way it got easier as I added weight because the heaviness helped push me down into the correct squatting position.  185lbs was cake so I just threw on 10 more lbs like I had been.  I didn't have any trouble locking out my arms in the bottom of the lift but I lost balance and was not able to hold it in the bottom.  So I dumped the weight in the rack and fell backwards like I have done many times before but I had not pushed the bench back far enough and I slammed my back into the point of the bench which did not move because the other end was solid against the power stand.  It knocked the wend out of me so bad that I saw stars,felt sick and was a little bit shaky.  This triggered my adrenalin so I thought I would try it again with my heart pumping so hard.  That did not work either.  I am still very sore today especially when I put weight on my right foot.  Pretty frustrating when I'm sure I can do 195 and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment