Thursday, December 23, 2010

Chest to Bar Pull-ups, Ring Dips, Overhead Squat - Shuttle, KB, Push-ups

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

5 Chest to bar Pull-ups
10 Ring Dips
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps

Total - 9 +2 Pull-ups

I would have liked a picture of this to send in to the main page.  I was hard at in in a freezing barn with steam coming of me and my breath smoking while pony took a nap watching.  The pull-up bar was slid between rafters and that made it tricky for the chest-to-bar part but I could do it.  Also, the rings were hanging from rafters and were a little wider than I would like but it worked.

Rested two hours and did this one of the crossfit football sight:

Sprint a 20 yds - 40 yds - 20 yds shuttle drill
8 kettlebell Swings 2 Pood
16 push Ups
*For shuttle drill, start by sprinting 20 yards, change directions and sprint back 40 yards. change direction and sprint back 20 yards through original starting point.  Perform 8kb swings and 16 push ups. Rest 1 minute and repeat...

Took my time on the first round getting into the swing of things.  With each round I was able two shave off a little time, ran faster, did not stop to collect myself for the KB swings, and by the last one I was in the dirt doing push-ups before the KB hit the ground.  This one was fun and a little easier than I thought it would be.  However, the first WOD was harder than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment