Wednesday, December 29, 2010

DT and Bench Press

Five rounds for time of:
155 pound Deadlift, 12 reps
155 pound Hang power clean, 9 reps
155 pound Push jerk, 6 reps
The following is what I wrote, the first time I did this, on Aug. 1, 2009:

My time: 18:24I did the first round as 
RXed but it would have taken me all day so I dropped the weight to 135 for the next four rounds. Next time I want to do the first two rounds as RXed, then three, then for four and then five. It would be great if I can do this and still keep the time pretty close to the same.
Then I wrote this on April 8th 2010:Well I bet I ran that morning on Aug. 1st where I did not this time and it probably took about a minute to take some weight off the bar but I still had a big improvement. I did all 5 rounds as RXed and my time was 14:59! I think my main improvement was in the Push jerk and now I need to just get better all around and not stop to breath as much. But, for now I am happy with my performance.


Today I PRed again.  My time was a very lucky 13:13.  I thought about this all night and was pumped for it.  I don't know why this WOD is so hard.  It does not look like that big a deal but it is a man maker.  Jason Kupla can to this thing in half of my time and my hat is off to him.  I will have to keep cutting my rest time to get faster.  I tried to do each round under 2:30 and the first one was under 1:50 but after that it just did not happen.   I went back about 45 minutes later and did 185lbs bench press at sets of 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1


No comments:

Post a Comment