Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tabata "Bottom to Bottom" Squat

Tabata "Bottom to Bottom" Squat

Run 1 mile

Clock starts for run on rising from last squat.

The Tabata Bottom to Bottom Squat is a Tabata Squat but each rep begins at the bottom and ends at the bottom. The turn around at the top is immediate - no pause. The ten-second rest for each interval is also held at the bottom of the squat as opposed to the top. Interestingly, this squat, in contrast to the "normal" Tabata squat, motivates full hip extension. Also, the ten second rests don't seem as short with this protocol!

Did 15 squats for each round and mile was 6:22

Resting at the bottom of the squat was not much rest at all.  Made it a not harder.  Legs were pretty dead at the start of the run.  I wish my time would have been less.  I need to get back to running in the morning.  After I did this, I helped Jenni with "Nutts" which took her 26:34 with 105 deadlift, an 18" box, jumping pull-ups, 12lb ball, 400 normal jumps, and running with 25lbs.  I am very proud of her.  After that, I did a Tabata set of sit-ups and then a bunch of crunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment