Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Deadlift

Resting 60 seconds between sets:

Deadlift 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

315
315
325
325
325
335
335
345
345
355

I wanted to do this one as soon as I saw it because I have felt stronger and stronger at this lift the last few months.  I can remember a few years ago I swore off this deadlift.  Thought I would never do it again because it aways hurt my back.  Now my back is much stronger.  The crazy thing is it slipped out of place in wrestling practice 10 days before I did this WOD.  I took 4 or 5 days off and babied my back for a while.  I came back to this WOD not knowing where to start because of my back.  But it felt good warming up so I put a little weight on.  I just kept putting it on and ended up with my max from about a year ago.  I still felt good so I put on 370, which I thought was over my old max but I was not sure.  It was, today I looked back and the old max was 365.  I felt very strong at 370 so I put on five more pounds and did 375.  I decided to stop but I KNOW I could do more.  I was out of time and besides I did have a hurt back only 10 days before.  However, I was very happy with how I did on this WOD.

1 comment:

  1. Strong Work brother! It was great to be back in there with you tonight.

    ReplyDelete