Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Weighted pull-ups, back extensions, Farmer Walk

Three rounds of:

10 Weighted pull-ups
30 Back extensions

Time - 4:59 with 35lbs

Man I wish I had a vest for this one.  The weight was swing all over the place when I tried any kind of kip.  I ended up just basically doing dead hang pull-ups at 5+5.  I took a little time to recover and did a crossfit football WOD:

Complete 3 rounds:

One Arm Farmer Walk (RT) 40 yards - 1/3 body weight (60lbs)
One Arm Farmer Walk (LT) 40 yards - 1/3 body weight (60lbs
Max Rep Strict Chin Ups - 2 sec hold at the top of each rep

Rd 1 = 11, Rd 2 = 7, Rd 3 = 10

The farmer walk was a cake walk probably due to my extensive training in this area growing up.  However, it did affect my grip on the pull-ups.  I made sure to pause at the bottom and two seconds at the top.  The second set was thumbs in which I am good at kipping pull-ups here but not as good with this kind pull-up with the hold at the top.  I got some big bulging arms for me on this WOD so I cashed out with curls for old times sake.

I don't know, sometimes I feel like I am just not getting the WOD and both WODs were like this.  They were a work out but I wasn't ever very gassed and I did not lift a ton of weight so it just did not feel like a great day.  But it felt good get to workout for more than 10 minutes which made it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment