Monday, March 14, 2011

100m Sprints

Ten rounds, each for time:
100 meter Sprint
Rest 90 seconds

June of 2010 in green
March of 2011 in red
14.40  13.35
14.04  13.73
13.37  14.00 (Missed button so we guessed of of Andy's time. Probably faster but decided to be    conservative
13.96  13.95
14.02  14.28
13.67  14.49
14.36  13.61 (Don't know about this one. Felt fast but not that fast. Most likely late button at start or early button at finish.
13:91  14.30
14.76  14.29
13.96  14.55


Average time = 14.045 Average time = 14.055
Total time = 2:20.45     Total time = 2:20.55

Odd numbered sprints were with breeze to back, even numbered were running into breeze.



I don't think #3 was that slow, but I don't think #7 was that fast so I guess it cancels things out. Fun WOD would like to do it again. Made me sore. 90 seconds was enough for the first six or seven for me but I could of had more on the last three or four. I am wondering if I could break 13 with blocks. Obviously, not as fast as I once was.

I am actually pretty happy with this WOD.  In June I did it with Andy and I was by myself this time so I did not have anyone to push me.  I also started a bit unmotivated but got into it after the first few were done.  It was cold, raining with thunder and lightning out side so I got out the wheel and measured off 328 feet (100m) and did this one in the school on a Sunday afternoon when I did not have to worry about running into anyone.  I did have to run at an angle a bit as I went through the double doors northeast of the councilors offices.  I had a tougher time making the turn heading west than east.  That is why most of the even numbers are a little faster.  I was 5 and 5 with beating my old times but I think that I would have had a better record if I was on the track with someone pushing me.  My fastest time was back in June, but I actually think I am a little faster now.  It would be fun to run a 100 out of blocks just to see what I can do.  I can remember wanting to puke on the last few back in June and this time I was stressed but not at the point of dying.  I felt better, stronger at the end this time.  Could be because I did not start as hard but I think I am just in better shape.  Heart rate was about 170 right after the 10th sprint. I have been doing more sprinting the last few months, perhaps it has payed off.

I also got out Granton's oxygen saturation and heart rate monitor Sunday and my resting heart rate is 43 in fact it actually bumped 42 once or twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment