Thursday, March 31, 2011

Deadlift, Overhead squat

21-15-9 reps of:

225 pound Deadlift
135 pound Overhead squat

1st round 2:22 (flew through the deadlift, balance issues in overhead squat)
2nd round = 2:38 (just lost focuse and rested too long, should be faster here)
3rd round = 1:24
Time 6:24(2:37PR)

Time in March of 2010 = 9:01

I would have liked to have a better time.  I can do better than this.  My legs are toast from yesterday's WOD and I had to refocused on my overhead squat stance. Last year I wrote that I was having trouble controlling the weight due to my weak shoulder from the wreck.  I am sure there is a lot of truth to that.  However, I figured out last night at these two lifts have a very different center of gravity for the core of the body.  The overhead squat was all over the place for me on the first round.  I made a mental note of where and how my stance should be and didn't have much trouble after that, but it did slow me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment