Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Squat, Handstand walk - bench

In the morning before school I did some bench press since I don't have enough time to get in much extra during track.  I wanted to increase by 20 and decrease by two reps each set.  It did not go as planned:

185x10
205x8
225x6
245x3 and then I got stuck, no spotter!
230x1(chest was fried and I was rushing myself)

I wanted to do the last set twice but I put the weight on immediately after I got stuck and one was all I had in me at that time.  Not a great showing today, but I will keep working on it.
Five rounds for time of:


135 pound Back squat, 20 reps
Handstand walk 20 yards

Time 8:40(26 second PR)

April 10 - 9:06

Things went much better for me this afternoon.  I remember being very proud of my time back in April.  I was a bit worried I would not PR so I am pretty pumped with my time.  It puts me right up with the big boys on the main page.  Things went very well on my hands and I did my best to stay steady on squats.  Squats is where I can improve my time.  I was actually running back to to the squat rack from the end of the handstand walking.  My stomach had no affect on my performance. Great ending, considering the bench press did not give me a good start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment