Sunday, March 27, 2011

10k

Run 10 K
Time 47:43(15 second PR)



Aug. 2009:
My time: 47:58
I ran each 400 at about 1:56 -1:57 and had a lot in the tank to hit the last 400 real hard. Next time I want to run each 400 at 1:55.

I took my advice from this post and tried to run each one at 1:55.  My first three were a little slow like about 1:57 but I got in the grove.  Very cold hard wind from the north when I was running I had to push hard on the back stretch as I could feel it blowing me back and my big hoodie felt like it was catching all the air. I ran all the splits at 1:52 - 1:57 except for the last one which was 1:44.  I think I am in better shape than I was in Aug. of 09 but I was running all the time back then and I just did not feel as smooth this time.  It seemed like I had to work a lot harder to PR than I thought I would.  I did have a quick WOD with some squats the day before and I could feel my legs just a bit before I began.  But this was much harder than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment