Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Row, Dumbbell snatch - Bench press

For time:

Row 1K
40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 50 reps
Row 750m
40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 35 reps
Row 500m
40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 20 reps

These are one-arm squat snatches, alternating arms.

(For the Rowing I subbed Sumo Deadlift High pulls)

Time - 13:09(PR of 4 minutes)

On March 21 I did the WOD at a time of 17:39

I think this is pretty good but I don't really know because I am sure SDHPs are much faster than rowing.  This time is about two and a half minutes faster than main page's best post but that guy was rowing.  I am more happy with the PR.  I know I have made progress and my times have shown it lately.  I did it all unbroken except for the second round of SDHPs and I went 51-24 on them with just a small break. 

I have been wanting to bench heavy so I benched earler today.  Main page has had a lot of WODs with sets of three lately so that is where I started:

135-185 (warm-up)
225x3
235x3 (I don't think I could have even done this 4 or 5 months ago)
245x3
250x1
255x1
I think the 245x3 is another improvement.  I don't know the last time I did that much weight in a set.  I wish I could have done 250 in a set but I was on my own and did not want to get stuck.  It did not go up fast enough to feel comfortable enough to try it again... next time.  I went ahead and put on 5 more lbs just to see how it felt.  I would have liked to benched 260 but was out of time, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment