Monday, June 28, 2010

3-5-7 Weighted-Strict-Kipping Pull-ups

Ten rounds for time of:


3 Weighted Pull-ups, 45 pounds
5 Strict Pull-ups
7 Kipping Pull-ups

For weighted pull-ups place a 45 pound dumbbell between the legs above crossed ankles and jettison the dumbbell after third rep and continue with strict pull-ups and then the kipping pull-ups. Coming off the bar or going to ground constitutes termination of a set.

Time 24:26(PR)

I did this one about a year and my time was 24:59 so at first I was pretty ho hum about my PR because I thought it should have been a lot faster.  Especially since I forgot to take 10 seconds of the watch so I thought my time was 24:36.  Let me explain, I always hit my button on my watch and spend the next ten seconds getting set, then I just subtract ten seconds from my time at the end.  I did not think about taking the time off until I was halfway through our Sunday School lesson.  I obviously was not focusing on what I should have been.  Anyway, I thought it should have been faster but I can live with it because I have gained about 5lbs, and my I.T. Bands were screaming so much I did not know if my legs would pick up the weght and I was a little earlyer than my body is used to.  Lots of excuses.  My form was not great.  Had a half kip or so on my last strict pull-up on the last 4-5 rounds.  Nothing planed, just a little half pop at the top.  Actually, I probably cheeted more last time I did this a year ago. I also started my second set at the one minute mark and that messed me up because it gassed my back where I was struggling too much for the next eight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment