Monday, June 28, 2010

Deadlift, Handstand push-ups

Five rounds for load and time of:


Deadlift, 5 reps
5 Ring handstand push-ups (did handstand push-ups on two chairs so I could go deeper)

Time - 10:14 at 275

This sucked!  I tried all different kinds of schemes to get into the rings upside down.  I don't know how many times I fell flat on my back!  I finally figured it out using a big box to discover I can only do about one HSPU at a time on rings and it is pretty poor.  So I subbed the chairs.  They were a little more of a workout because they did want to slide out on the turf and it took extra energy to keep them together.  However, I lost most my motivation because I had to sub.  I have not had to do that in a long time.  I was pretty gassed from all the different things I tried on the rings.  I actually started the WOD with 315 and just didn't feel it so I brought that down to 275.  That was probably the smart thing but I could have 295 or 305 and felt better.  All in all, I had to do this thing on my own and I missed Ron in the room.  I wasn't motivated, actually talking with people during the WOD. I just went through the motions and I could have done more faster and better.

However, today was not a bust because I taught Jenni to do kipping Pull-ups!  She can even string a couple together!

No comments:

Post a Comment