Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Overhead walking lunges, Burpees

Five rounds for time of:


45 pound barbell Overhead walking lunges, 50 feet
21 Burpees

Let trailing knee gently kiss the ground on each lunge.

Time-9:53

Kris Clever's time was 8:55 so I was obviously looking to do better.  That little Asian dude is just quicker than me on this one.  I have been ticked at myself when he has better times in the past because I am so close and I think there is some place where I could have done better, but that is not the case with this WOD.  I am glad his time was posted because I probably would have been in double digits if I weren't chasing him.  On a good note,  I did the entire thing as RXed and unbroken without cutting any corners.  I just have to get faster at burpees.  When I am tired I get down to my chest slow with one foot staying on the floor in a lunge position until my hands are planted, then I drop.  I am going to have to push through and throw myself on the ground like hit-its in wrestling practice to get as fast as I need to be on WODs with burpees.

After talking with Clayton I realized I did this one before with him.  I think it was my first WOD ever.  I did not blog back then but he did.  He did it in 14:58 and he said I was about a minute faster than he was back then.  Again, mixed feelings.  Happy to be four minutes faster but not so happy that I used to be a minute faster than Clayton and now he is two minutes faster than me.  Clayton I am proud and amazed of your accomplishments.  Hats of to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment