Tuesday, June 8, 2010

South Central Regional Event 4

For time:

10 Muscle-ups
15 Handstand push-ups
155 pound Squat clean, 20 reps
Run 550 meters

Time-10:00

I did not go into this with a goal and I should have.  As I was running the 550 I saw I was close to double digits on time and sped up.  I ended up sprinting the last 200-150 to get under 10 and missed it by 55 hundredths of a second.  I am mad at myself on this one.  I keep hearing what I have preached to so many distance kids over the years.  "If you can all out sprint the last 200 plus meters you could have ran faster before you got in that spot."  Looking back I could have done better.  I hate that feeling.  However, I did PR on doing four muscle-ups in a row.  I got through them pretty fast.  But wore out my arms so I had to take two pauses on the handstand push-ups.  I am most upset with the squat cleans.  I did not attack them like I could have because they were in my head as the hardest part of the workout, which they were, and I paced myself on them too much.  I won't make that mistake twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment