Monday, June 21, 2010

Overhead Squat

1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Warmed up with 135 and 185

215(f)
215
225
225(f) 135
225
235
245
255
260

Well my old buddy, Kris Clever was posted on the main site with 210.  Clayton told me about it and I was excited because I knew I could kill that.  Then Clayton said he watched his video and Kris threw the weight above his head instead of getting it out of the rack.  This made me a little nervous because I wanted to beat Kris on a level playing field.  So I decided to do the same on the warm-up and 215.  This was actually fun.  Felt good to have that much control of the weight.  The first time I did not get enough of a dip before my drive. I did not get my arms locked out and had to do it again.  Nailed it the second time.  Eat that Kris!  After that I got the weight out of the rack.  Did not have head right after beating Kris and forgot to pick a focal point in front of me with 225.  This is when Ron took a picture.  By the way, thanks Ron, pretty cool.  First one was not deep enough and fell back on second one.  To clear my head I got a good one in with 135, found my focal point and felt great after that.  Felt very strong with 245(old PR) and felt very strong and in control with 255.  My goal was a 10lb PR but it felt so good I did one extra at 260 and it felt even better.  I did not want to push my luck again but I think I can do even more.  Outside of my first 225 all the squats were at least parallel.  Great day, 15lb PR and I finally beat Kris Clever.  Don't know which one makes me feel better but I feel pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment