Friday, June 11, 2010

Front Squat, Chast to Bar Pull=ups, Double-unders

Complete as many rounds in 12 minutes as you can of:

185 pound Front squat, 5 reps
10 Chest to bar Pull-ups
20 Double-unders

5 rounds + all the Front squats

I will do this one again.  Frustrated beyond anger on this one.  Front squat = easy, CTB pull-ups = easy, double -unders = A complete maddening disaster.  The first round was 20 "one and dones" and the second round was the same except for three two-in-a-rows!  The problem is I switched to a new rope.  It is faster and I was going so fast I was almost doing triple unders and hitting my feet and stinging the crap out of my arm on the third swing-a-round.  I was trying too hard.  I just need to fffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggggggg relax more with the silly rope.  I finally got tired enough to do do all 20 in a row on the third round.  Was getting pretty gassed by the fourth and fifth round but they were still light years ahead of the first rounds.  Of course getting mad in the work out and yanking the 45lb plate of the rack and slamming it on the ground to watch it bounce away and then doing the same thing with my new jump rope which landed on the other end of the weight room where I had to go pick it up on the next round did not help my time either.  I plan on cashing out with double unders everyday until I do better on this blasted WOD!

1 comment:

  1. "I just need to fffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggggggg relax more with the silly rope."

    Classic!! I came to the same conclusion about a week ago...really for all my WODs. No use fighting yourself...the WOD is hard enough.

    Clayton

    ReplyDelete